Re: Unlinkability. Re: Building Linked Data into the Core of the Web

On 9/23/14 1:12 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2014-09-22 21:15, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>>> My only ambition has been describing how you could "webify" an
>>> existing payment system,
>>> *without* changing data ownership, relationships, business-, trust-,
>>> or privacy-models.
>>
>> You can't achieve that goal, in any non contradictory way, if you've
>> somehow convinced yourself that Linked Open Data and Webify aren't
>> inextricably linked.
>>
>> "*without* changing data ownership, relationships, business-, trust-, or
>> privacy-models." is just another way of saying: structured data
>> representation + entity relationship semantics, without
>> data-silo-fication. That's exactly what RDF based Linked Open Data is
>> fundamentally about, period [1].
>>

>>> Since the main problem with identity information is not the
>>> information itself but
>>> how it will be used after being submitted, it seems like a safe(r) bet
>>> minimizing
>>> exposure of such data.
>>
>> Linked Open Data never means "uncontrolled or unconstrained access to
>> data" [1].
>>
>>>    This is a corner-stone of my write-up.  Another example is
>>> FIDO which (at least on paper...) is the opposite to Linked Data since
>>> each site
>>> is supposed to be an identity silo.  In practice FIDO doesn't work as
>>> Google claims
>>> but that's altogether different discussion :-)
>>
>> You can conditionally constrain access to data using data access
>> policies.
>
> Yes, but if there is a way getting away from that by for example doing
> what my write-up does (encrypting the user's response and identity so
> that
> it is only readable by the sole party that needs it), I think it is worth
> considering.

You don't want to get away from "data access policies" that are driven
by logic baked into structured data representation.

You don't need to encrypt a subject's identity. Just as you don't need
deeply personally identifiable data in a security token e.g., and X.509
cert.

When you purchase a Ticket [1] for an event, does that ticket contain
personally identifiable data that goes beyond enabling the ticket-holder
attend an event? Does the event organizer know the name, home address,
email address etc.. of the ticket-holder at row #7 seat #2 ?

A ticket is like a security token, and vice versa.

Links:

[1] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/9G36GVL -- About Ticket .

Kingsley