Re: Use Case: Marking to Clothing

> On 21 Sep 2014, at 12:15 am, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 20 September 2014 16:00, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's very close to contour based analysis of individuals...
>>
>> Why clothing, not people?
>
> Marking of people is already implemented.
>
> I think clothing is something that is a little less 'geeky'
>

>> Technically, what's the difference?
>>
>> Wouldn't targeting a wifi MAC address (or bluetooth unique device Id, not sure if it's a MAC address) be similar?
>>
>> Clothing would infer a person needs to take a particular position inorder for it to be readable.
>>
>> How does it support persona, over identity (meaning pseudo-anonmity)...?
>>
>> Wouldn't qrcodes on business cards be low-hanging fruit?
>
> There are other use cases, but in this case a person would normally be the owner of the garment.

Most industries, especially luxury good, have issues with counterfeiting.   Watches, sunglasses, Clothing, etc.

Having some sort of discoverable, unique uri on these things that certify the object is a desirable capability. (Ideally via a mobile phone - ie: nfc or 2d barcode, etc.)

Same goes for messages, digital media, people who claim to have specific IP, etc.

Mind, the latter might benefit from describing something using structured data, then bitmarking it.

Timh.