Re: Apple Pay

On Tuesday, 9 September 2014, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
wrote:

> On 9/9/14 1:57 PM, Stéphane Corlosquet wrote:
>>
>> Quoting:
>> Our mission is to replace your wallet, starting by focusing on payments.
>> Digging for your cards is antiquated.
>> The magnetic stripe interface is outdated and insecure.
>>

> Yep!
>
> Just need to take a look at their APIs and other technical details.
>
> Apple is an important player in this space, for sure.
>
> Bear in mind that the antiquated magnetic stripe interface has already
been cast aside in most places that aren't the USA. Here in the UK we've
had contactless payment for years; it is not an exciting revolution, and we
should be wary of presenting something that (frankly) drags the US into the
21st century as a thing that is super-important, because everyone else
already has it.

--
New Year's Day --
everything is in blossom!