RE: Suggestion: Remove "non-fiat money" from the draft Web Payments IC Charter

+1 to remove non-fiat

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane Boyera [mailto:boyera@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 2:28 AM
To: Manu Sporny; Joseph Potvin; Melvin Carvalho
Cc: public-webpaymentsigcharter; Web Payments CG
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Remove "non-fiat money" from the draft Web Payments IC Charter

Hi Manu, Joseph, All

Given that there seems to be a consensus on removing non-fiat. I'm happy to proceed. The easiest, at a first glance, is to just remove the term and not open another can of worms by adding a new term. I believe that the idea is very well conveyed and I feel we don't need to go further.
I implemented this change (removing the problematic term).
cheers
Steph

Le 09/09/2014 03:28, Manu Sporny a écrit :
> On 09/01/2014 12:30 PM, Joseph Potvin wrote:
>> RE: Doesn’t fiat imply government?
>>
>> If what's intended in that section of the Charter is to say
>> "stateless currencies", then some variant of this phrase would be
>> better. But would "Berkshares" that (I think) involve a regional
>> government and some municipalites in Massachussetts be inside our
>> outside that concept? http://www.berkshares.org/community_industry

> +1 to removing non-fiat.
>
> Perhaps changing it to "private currencies"?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_currency

Stephane Boyera        stephane@w3.org
W3C                +33 (0) 6 73 84 87 27
BP 93
F-06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex,
France

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential and not for third party unauthorized distribution"