RE: What single thing should we deliver?

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 07:27:30 +0100
To: Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>, "public-webpayments-comments@w3.org" <public-webpayments-comments@w3.org>
CC: David Ezell <David_E3@VERIFONE.com>, Erik Anderson <eanders@pobox.com>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments-ig/2014Nov/0055.html

I do not agree with this.

We currently don't know if this is even technically feasible.
It is is, it would require resources that the WG doesn't possess.
In addition, the work would be obsolete when ready.  Five years?

Creating a universal payment system/protocol is NOT a viable idea for an SDO, it is pure research project.

Regarding abstractions, there are many security-related things that simply can't be abstracted.

I rather think that a better gap analysis is needed at this stage.

Anders