Re: U2F Demo

On 05/30/2014 10:35 AM, Herbert Snorrason wrote:
> OpenID is structured in a way which makes it possible for the
> identity provider to monitor every instance in which the identity is
>  used towards a third party. That is a property not shared by
> Persona. Persona does this by mediating things through the user
> agent, rather than authorisation happening server-to-server. The
> proposal in the Identity Credentials, if implemented as-is, has the
> same deficiency as OpenID, though.

This isn't clear from the spec at all, but we plan to implement the same
sort of privacy-protecting login mechanism that Mozilla Persona has.
That is, a design requirement for Identity Credentials is a login mixnet
that hides the sites you're logging into/sending your credentials to
from your identity provider.

I don't mean to trivialize the difficulty of doing this right, but it is
on the roadmap and we intend to address the pervasive monitoring
problem (not ignore it).