Re: Informal poll: Identity use cases

How about these?

Use case: A person sends money to their friend using a memorable identifier
instead of a complex account number or URL. The memorable identifier is
translated to a destination account for the payment. The friend should be
able to easily communicate the identifier via voice, SMS or other short
message and the person should be able to easily remember it.

Use case: A person needs to pay a (large) merchant for a purchase. They
should be able to easily check that the destination is legitimate and, for
example, not the address of a spammer (e.g. payments@amazon.com is
preferable to a numerical account number and simply "Amazon" is preferable
to a longer identifier because some users may be fooled by something akin
to "amazon-payments@banksrus.com").

Use case: A charitable organization or cause posts a donation address on a
print advertisement. The address should be as memorable as a social media
username so prospective donors need not use QR codes or type full URLs,
potentially on a phone, to send a quick donation.

The point about not wanting an address to be discoverable is a good one but
I can't think of a way to write it as a use case. I'd also include that
people want to be able to transact without any of the details of those
transactions being made public beyond the sender, receiver, and any
relevant financial intermediaries.

--
Evan Schwartz
Developer + Technology Pioneer