Re: Using block chain protocols for www micropayments and rights management

On 14 May 2014 10:31, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca> wrote:

> Richard,
>
> A digital commodity such as a bitcoin is divisible but not editable. A
> digital literary work is both divisible and editable. There are ways
> to automate some rights tracking:
>
> http://osi.xwiki.com/bin/Projects/draft-flow-syllabus#HManagementofIntellectualProvenance28IP29Responsibilities

Heritage and copyright principles cover these areas rather well...

These principles can be described in RDF.  http://creativecommons.org/ns is
a good example of a tool that can be used towards these ends.

it currently doesn't provide an 'offer' statement for use outside of the
explicitly defined license however.  I believe Andrew Mackie has been
working on this 'offer' consideration.

IMHO, Eco-systems work in a distributed / decentralised build; but wouldn't
work for any specific organisation seeking to build a better funnel (from a
service provision point of view).  Effectively, these systems need a vast
majority to build consensus systems; therein, using the same, similar or
translatable language services, for the core service provisioning platform
(being, web-scale).