RE: Direct Carrier Billing

Maybe you will be interested, Mozilla also has a draft of Direct Billing API: https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/Direct_Billing

Regards,
Deqing

From: Andrew Bovingdon [mailto:andy@bango.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 11:20 PM
To: 조경호
Cc: public-webpayments@w3.org
Subject: RE: Direct Carrier Billing

I recommend taking a look at the top two documents on http://bango.com/contact/whitepapers/ - i.e.:

-          Beware of BOB! Mobile payments in disguise

-          Direct Operator Billing versus Premium SMS

Direct carrier billing is where the payment is  conducted through a server to server call between the payment provider (such as Bango) and the carrier’s own billing platform. Not via messaging services (PSMS) or via 3rd party intermediaries.

The 2 white papers above give a load of specifics. Beware of BOB also lists 5 tests to confirm it’s direct.

Carriers are usually direct, although some have used PSMS due to limitations with older systems. Most of the app stores use Bango for direct carrier billing – e.g. Google, Microsoft, Amazon, BlackBerry, Mozilla etc. Google does a few themselves and Microsoft uses one other company I believe.

Hope that helps.

Andy.