Web Payment Use Case - In App Purchase/Billing

From: Huang, Deqing <deqing.huang@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 08:30:00 +0000
To: Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>
Hi,

I'm involved in a project for a web platform which supports various mobile OS, and now investigating how to add support of In App Purchase(IAP) on it.

One idea that would benefit user is to align with possible W3C spec, so I'm thinking of referring to Web Commerce API. However, when implementing it on Android, I found that Android's API for IAP has several methods that are not available in Web Commerce API, for example they have consume() for purchased products, and getPurchases() etc, while we only have buy() in the spec.

The question is, how to fill gap between the spec and the underlying platform API? Is there any way to handle such case?

Best regards,
Deqing