RE: Bitcoin and the WebPayments CG

From: Goss, Brian C., M.D. <Goss.Brian@mayo.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 07:11:25 +0000
To: 'Brent Shambaugh' <brent.shambaugh@gmail.com>, Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>
Linked data?  Bitcoin (and variants/derivatives) can be used to solve identity problems on the web, KYC, document existence, asset exchange, distributed data storage, value difference contracts, smart property...the lists is kind of long.

The payment protocol proposed for Bitcoin by the Bitcoin devs includes merchant/merchandise/refund data in the equivalent of a digital purchase order/invoice/receipt.  I'm not sure what "linked data" is though...