Re: 25 today! (The Web We Want Campaign)

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 22:11:13 -0400
To: public-webpayments@w3.org
On 03/12/2014 06:15 AM, Pindar Wong wrote:
> http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-26540635

Almost missed this in the article:

"The web we want campaign has been set up by Sir Tim's World Wide Web
Foundation to coincide with the 25th anniversary and aims to protect
human rights online."

The ability to transact w/ one another and participate in the global
market could eventually be viewed as a human right, although a far
lesser one than the right to freedom from torture and slavery.

"Thatís why the Web We Want campaign is calling on people around the
world to stand up for their right to a free, open and truly global
Internet. The first step: Drafting an Internet Users Bill of Rights for
every country, proposing it to governments and kickstarting the change
we need. "

https://webwewant.org/

blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/