Re: "Web Identity" -> "Web Credentials"

On 3/11/14 9:03 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 03/11/2014 06:30 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> Persona is a living example of everything I am trying to warn
>> against. It was broken at inception, for the same reasons: leaky
>> abstraction and failure to accept what AWWW puts on a platter.
> Could you please condense that email into an set of actionable items
> this community could take? I'm having a hard time understanding what
> you're asking us to do.
>
> -- manu

I am asking you to leverage the architecture of the world wide web
(AWWW) such that the following are loosely coupled:

1. identity -- nebulous entity "You"
2. identifiers -- an HTTP URI that denotes "You"
3. identification -- a document about "You" at a location denoted by an
HTTP URL
4. authentication -- a protocol used to verify the claims made in the
document about "You"
5. trust -- the things that "You" can do or provide to others, based on
"Your" identity being verifiable.

1-5 exist without any document content specificity, they are what AWWW
puts on a platter, its been so since the Web's inception 25 years ago .
The syntax rules used to markup document content are distinct from the
entity relation semantics they express.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen