Re: Web Identity specification and Social Web

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:32:00 -0500
To: public-webpayments@w3.org
On 3/2/14 10:01 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 02/24/2014 09:57 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>> >+1, although I don't think we need a spec to say: "An identity is
>> >denoted via a URL".
>> >
>> >I think it's essential to define terms clearly.  Why would we not
>> >want to use this definition, or do you have a better one?
> I agree. I never said it's not important to define terms clearly. I just
> think that we don't need an entire spec to define a term.:)

Fine, but an Identity of an Agent isn't denoted by a URL (an identity
card could be denoted using an HTTP URL). It is denoted by an HTTP URI,
in regards to the HTTP driven World Wide Web.

[1] http://bit.ly/1ktFdy0 -- IRI
[2] http://bit.ly/1elU7Rh -- URI
[3] http://bit.ly/1bHGrQu -- HTTP URL
[4] http://bit.ly/1elKLcn -- WebID
[5] -- HTTP URI (HTTP URLs and WebIDs are types of HTTP URIs that denote
specific kinds of things or entity types).

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO