From: Manu Sporny [mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2014 9:16 PM
To: public-webpayments@w3.org
Subject: Re: Is it possible to impersonate an identity?

On 02/21/2014 10:07 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> Well, the idea is that by having a unique key at each site the sites
> can't track you.  If sites require a verified e-mail address the
> unique key add no privacy unless you have a huge number of e-mail
> addresses. It's the classic theory versus practice :-)

Not to mention that even if that's not the case, Google Analytics, the use of advertising networks, and evercookies make it trivial to track someone given moderate resources. I'm not saying that it's not worth attempting to solve the pervasive monitoring issue on the Web, just that that is a very difficult problem to solve because of the amount of money going into ensuring that corporations /can/ track people very accurately.

Manu Sporny (skype: msporny, twitter: manusporny, G+: +Manu Sporny) Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential and not for third party unauthorized distribution"