Re: WPCG rejected from GSoC 2014

On 02/25/2014 02:56 PM, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> Manu Sporny:
>> The W3C Web Payments Community Group has been rejected from this
>> years Google Summer of Code program.
>
> I am sorry for that. I also noticed that the W3C is not a mentoring
> organisation this year. Did it not apply or was it also rejected?

The person that ran the GSoC project for W3C last year has left. I don't
think they had the spare bandwidth to apply again this year. I think
next year we'll make sure they apply since it's easier to get accepted
for projects via the W3C than it seems to be for this group (even though
we had three solid internal Google references).

> I am a committer of the Apache Stanbol project. If someone has a
> project idea which would fit I would be glad to add it to the list
> of ideas there. Something involving Web Identity maybe?

We'll try to think about how it might integrate w/ Apache Stanbol.
Thanks for the suggestion. Nothing quite coming to mind yet.

blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/