Re: The Payment Identity Problem

On 27 June 2014 05:30, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 06/26/2014 04:40 PM, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> > I agree 100% that identity is a major issue and needs to be solved.
>
> Yay.
>
> > As I dig into the Identity Credentials stuff I can see how this may
> > be a great approach.
>
> We've yet to see if it will gain adoption, but at least it's there as a
> counter-point to the other identity solutions out there.

Regarding Identity (as opposed to authentication, and user experience)

Could you sum up your objections to the WebID spec (and I dont mean
WebID+TLS)

As far as I can see there are 2 sticking points:

1. You object to the use of the Term Agent, which is the parent class of
Person

2. You object to mandatory serialization of turtle

Fragmentation will be an influence on whether both efforts succeed or fail.

Is there anything else that you view as a show stopper.  Is there any room
for compromise?