Re: Yesterday's US Supreme Court Decision on Software Patents

From: Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:44:26 +0200
To: Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca>
Cc: Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>, public-webpaymentsigcharter <public-webpaymentsigcharter@w3.org>
There are actually quite a number of payment related patents owned by the
Open Invention Network who own patents with the explicit intention of
preventing their enforcement and giving anyone royalty-free license to use
them.
(If I understand the situation correctly)

http://www.openinventionnetwork.com/about-us/us-patents-owned-by-oin/
Nice to know!