Re: Proof of Concept: Identity Credentials Login

On 6/18/14 10:19 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> Kingsley,
>
> Google have already decided that U2F is the way to go and their somewhat
> "sheepish" followers including Microsoft, EMC/RSA, ARM, VISA, and PayPal,
> have (in the absence of a better alternative), nothing else to do but
> embracing it.
>
> U2F also have links to WebCrypto which no other tech out there have.
>
> I'm sorry to say but neither WebID-TLS nor Identity Credentials Login
> look like viable schemes under these circumstances.

Again, it doesn't matter. WebID-U2F is just a bridge that brings WebIDs
to this protocol. Many protocols isn't a problem. This isn't about
winners and losers, its about infrastructure for effective computing,
via the infrastructure provided by the Internet and Web.

> That I find U2F crippled and featuring a fake notion of privacy doesn't
> matter, questioning Google's supremacy in web-tech is true heresy.

Not to me. We don't need to conflate architecture and marketing :-)

I've seen this movie a zillion times, the outcome is always the same.
Don't bet against open standards.

Kingsley