Re: Where is the discussion group for Web Advertising API?

I actually don’t think you need an API.

Using Linked-Data, it’s possible to provide an ‘offer statement’ in connection to advertising resources.  Advertising in itself is a form of digital product, that’s vended between digital agents.

Perhaps another function that could be supported via the http://webcredits.org/ currency mechanism, if a means to provide economic carriage for advertising products were to be needed…

In other areas - i believe http://www.iab.net/ provides an array of ‘media standards’.

Another factor is of course some of the identity related use-cases that may interact with advertising related practices.  I think this needs to be considered in terms of ‘data rights’, which is something i’m working on, but perhaps as a body of work more aligned to identity issues - than web-payments specifically.

Perhaps - Alternatively,

DO you have a list of "Advertising API” related use-cases, that you’d like to highlight?

TimH.