Re: The TPM is dead, long live the TEE!

RE: "Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Bitcoin, Ripple, etc. to all be listed as
payment options by the merchant and selected freely by the customer"

+0.8

For refinement & clarification (I hope), these brands represent
different "media-of-exchange" types, two being branded "credit card
systems", one a branded "block chain system", one a branded "automated
clearing house (ACH)" system.

The Bitcoin and Ripple communities have been using terms in ways that
conflate unit of account and medium of exchange.  For example it does
not make sense that we can say both:  "Visa, Mastercard, PayPal,
Bitcoin, Ripple"  and  "USD, EUR, BTC, XRP"

In the interest of disambiguation, I would suggest saying:
"Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Bitcoin System, Ripple System" with
reference to the media of exchange
"USD, EUR, BTC, XRP" with reference to the units of account

--
Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations