Re: Web Payments Telecon Minutes for 2014-01-29

On 02/12/2014 01:56 AM, Huang, Deqing wrote:
> I noticed that in this meeting Manu mentioned about Web Commerce
> API, saying that will do another vote to add it as a work item.
>
> Is there any plan for when this vote will be?

Not yet, no. We need to discuss it on the next telecon and if that
discussion goes well, we'll open it up to a vote.

Since the Web Commerce API is something that many major players have
alluded to wanting, I can't imagine that this group would vote it down.

To be clear, the Web Commerce API would standardize the payment request
format and the payment response (digital receipt) format. This means
that it would work for both proprietary payments as well as
non-proprietary payment systems (including cryptocurrencies). More here:

https://web-payments.org/specs/source/web-commerce-api/

Note that the link above isn't linked off of any of the pages on the
website because it has yet to be included as an official work item for
the group.

blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/