Re: Programmable Distributed Governance

Hi Andrew,

I finally got a chance to read through your blog posts... good stuff!
More details below...

On 01/29/2014 09:40 PM, Andrew Mackie wrote:
> I've been working on a concept for something similar, albeit without
> a focus on currency - a way to 1) make offers of any kind to one
> another and 2) provide distributed information processing which
> allows us to discover other people's offers.

Are you familiar with the work we're doing here on the description of
assets, listing those assets for sale, and digital receipts:

https://hacks.mozilla.org/2013/04/payswarm-part-2/

https://hacks.mozilla.org/2013/04/web-payments-with-payswarm-purchasing-part-3-of-3/

We already have the "Offers" bit of what you said working in the current
iteration of the technology created by this group.

> In other words, the bartering problem you want to solve isn't merely
> a data problem (how do I describe an asset that I want to offer?),
> it's also an information processing problem (how do I find assets
> which are offered to me?).

+1 - couldn't agree with you more.

> http://www.supplydemand.info/blog/the-problem-of-attention/
> http://www.supplydemand.info/blog/the-concept/

Great posts, very much aligned with a large swath of what we're trying
to accomplish here. Specs that this group is working on that might
interest you:

https://web-payments.org/specs/source/web-identity/

https://web-payments.org/specs/source/web-commerce/

https://web-payments.org/specs/source/secure-messaging/

blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/