Re: Web Payments Workshop position paper submitted

In the language of monetary economists and for lawyers, XRP and BTC are
digital tokens used by some as currency. They are only currency to the
people who use them for buying and selling goods, services and rights,
which remains a miniscule proportion of any market. They are, just to that
extent, a currency -- a token comes to operate as a currency by relative
proportions. It's not a binary yes/no issue.

Joseph  Potvin