Re: Zero Click Bitcoin Micropayments using HTTP 402

On 12/31/14 9:39 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> So even if one could do the same thing with HTTP 402 the question
> remains: Why would
> this be better unless 402 got a built-in payment hook[*] in the browser?

The problem here is that you are not connecting critical dots re. what
HTTP enables, ditto what the RDF language (system of signs, syntax, and
semantics) formalizes, retrospectively:

1. HTTP is a data exchange protocol
2. You can use logic to deductively perform all sorts of operations over
HTTP
3. HTTP also includes the ability to create subject, predicate, object
statements (via Link: notation in request and response headers) .

1-3 enabled communications to be driven by logic via the semantics of
"Link:" based relations (what RDF subject, predicate, object statements
represent).

This might help:

RDF is a formalization of what already existed in AWWW. By that I mean
<link/> (in HTML) and "Link:"  (in HTTP) notations for relation
representation have always been part of overall Web narrative. RDF
is/was an attempt to formalize this aspect of the Web such that
relations could also be represented using additional notations: RDF/XML
(initial addition, which caused nothing but confusion due to really poor
narratives etc..), TURTLE (which sanitized matters and enabled LOD
bootstrap), JSON-LD (which is sanitizing matters for Web Developers that
work with JSON) etc..

This is why I sent you links about Language and Logic [1] so that you
can see where we are coming from in regards to Logic and Trust related
matters. BTW -- WebID-TLS is just one example of using logic to
determine Trust via a TLS session where data for inference is accessed
from a WebID-Profile document.  As long as we stick with 1-3 above, we
can use logic to construct a variety of smart Trust Models that are
never pegged to a specific notation, document type, programming
language, or operating environment.

Link:

[1] http://www.jfsowa.com/pubs/rolelog.pdf

--