Re: P2P Payments

On 12/05/2014 09:41 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2014-12-05 15:22, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 12/5/14 8:50 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>>> On 2014-12-05 14:29, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>>
>>> In theory the WebCrypto.Next project could address this "deficit" but
>>> I have
>>> to date not seen anything that has even the slightest chance of
>>> getting adoption.
>> There is more than one kind of user-agent that can operate on the World
>> Wide Web or any other HTTP based network. Web Browser are overrated, if
>> you ask me :)
>
> If you take out the browser from the equation life gets much simpler
> but I
> don't want to do that unless I have to.

We don't have to get the browsers manufacturers on board from the start.
You're right -- that's a barrier we don't want to have. But all we need
to do is produce a standard that creates a level playing field and a
technology that can work regardless of whether or not the browser
manufacturers adopt it. If we do that, then consumers won't be able to
tell how the underlying technology is implemented. It will mean that any
competitive advantage owned by browser manufacturers will be lost unless
they adopt the standard and move to create new additional value on top
of it. And so they will -- and the Web will be better for it.

--
Dave Longley
CTO