Re: P2P Payments

On 12/05/2014 09:41 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> However, the biggest hurdle is that such data is governed by SOP
> which of course is fine from a security and privacy point of view
> but is at odds with payment systems.  Well, the WebPayment CG has a
> method for "neutralizing" SOP but I feel uneasy about it since it
> appears to be very complex.  Somebody ought to spend a bit more time
> on this spec.

Which spec are you referring to? The Identity Credentials stuff or the
Web Commerce spec, or something else? The WebDHT stuff?

In any case, yes, someone should spend more time on those specs because
they're important and we want to reduce the complexity as much as
possible. Digital Bazaar is trying to set aside some time early next
year to push those specs forward and do some revising/complete
implementations.

blog: High-Stakes Credentials and Web Login
http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/