Re: [foaf-dev] Credentials Community Group

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:30:59 -0400
To: Peter Williams <pwilliams@rapattoni.com>
CC: "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>, Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, foaf dev <foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org>, "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>
On 8/1/14 7:21 AM, Peter Williams wrote:
> Have they emerged, or are they just manufactured in lawyerly tradition?
>
> Cannot wait to hear how a w3c culture addresses the morass. If its
> more of the same, then we add another label to the pile.
>
> I like foaf's philosophical approach - allowing lawyerly
> interpretation of a concept, while denying the per eminence of any one
> interpretation. I like foaf insisting that no identity dogma has
> relevance to foaf itself - in the sense that foaf exists to verily
> resist any and all dogma, including whatever w3c politics comes up
> with. Foaf and its spinoffs like webid exist to have the continuing
> conversation and see what logic itself can produce.

+1

[1] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/9CR7WMPC -- processed from the RDF
embedded in my earlier response to a related thread .

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO