Re: Strategy (the past) Re: Google payment plans

On 04/11/2014 01:14 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2014-04-11 01:44, Pindar Wong wrote:
>> and 'running code' ;)
>
> ... in browsers supporting some new and for the purpose (payments)
> necessary features.

No, browser implementation should never be a requirement for the Web
Payments work. We can build a solid Web payment system today without any
browser upgrades. The solutions that this community creates
shouldn't depend on browser manufacturers implementing particular features.

More on this in a later email, but tying success to the implementation
of particular features in a browser is a losing proposition. That said,
if new security or interaction mechanisms (like TrustedUI, U2F,
WebCrypto) become available natively in the browsers, then the whole
payment ecosystem improves. We shouldn't put browser manufacturers in
the critical path.

blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/