Re: Web Payments and the World Banking Conference (SIBOS)

On 26/09/13 18:49, Manu Sporny wrote:
> The standardization group for all of the banks in the world (SWIFT) was
> kind enough to invite me to speak at the worlds premier banking
> conference about the Web Payments work at the W3C. The conference,
> called SIBOS, happened last week and brings together 7,000+ people from
> banks and financial institutions around the world. They wanted me to
> present on the new Web Payments work being done at the World Wide Web
> Consortium (W3C) including the work we’re doing with PaySwarm, Mozilla,
> the Bitcoin community, and Ripple Labs.
>
> The following blog post outlines all of the lessons learned from the
> past week spent networking with the big banks and financial institutions
> around the world:
>
> http://manu.sporny.org/2013/sibos/

Hi Manu,

Thanks for a most interesting report.  Did you mention that W3C plans to
hold a workshop on payments next year, and what was the response?

As you know, the W3C Team are planning a workshop on potential
standardization and based upon the premise of enabling a level playing
field for all payment solution providers, existing or new, large or small.

I am travelling a lot at the moment, but would be happy to discuss this
further on a web payments CG call in late October.

p.s. I am giving an invited talk at the EPASOrg annual conference in a
few weeks time and will post a report upon my return. EPASOrg are
involved in standards work for SEPA.

Best regards,