Re: Payment Applications vs Payment Platforms

On 10/22/2013 05:34 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> I think we need to distinguish between payments applications and
> platforms suited for hosting such applications.

Agreed. We've sort of done so informally in the documents we create and
haven't seemed to have the need for an official definition, if that's
what you're asking for.

> I'm personally only interested in the latter which means that from
> my perspective the #1 thing is establishing platform requirements.

This group has traditionally been interested in both, as we need to
understand both the platform and the applications that run on top of
that platform to determine whether or not the ecosystem(s) that we
create here works as advertised.

Have you looked at this yet?

https://payswarm.com/specs/source/use-cases/

We establish platform requirements by outlining use cases (payment
applications) that run on top of the payment platform(s).

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/