W#C Secure Element API (for payments etc.)

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 06:26:51 +0200
To: Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>
An early draft from W3C's SysApps group:

http://opoto.github.io/secure-element/

This is what the traditional payment industry is thinking when they say web payments.
In this vision the payment application is a java cardlet running inside of the SE.

As you can see there is a considerable span we have to grasp.

I'm going to contribute to this spec. while continuing toying with this other model
which essentially starts where WebCrypto ends.  In this vision the secure application
is rather a hosted (transient) but signed web-page, with a cryptographic relation to the
SE-protected keys it wants to use: http://webpki.org/papers/PKI/pki-webcrypto.pdf

Anders