Re: payswarm ontologies

On 10/10/2013 02:55 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Reading the latest spec, I see the ontology is located at, for
> example:
>
> https://w3id.org/commerce#Transaction
>
> However the w3id.org <http://w3id.org> website is a directory,
> rather than, a file
>
> https://github.com/perma-id/w3id.org
>
> I was just wondering if this was intentional or one or the other is
> preferred.

It was intentional. There will eventually be a JSON-LD context document
at: https://w3id.org/commerce/v1

If we just made it a top-level re-direct, we would have to change it at
some point in the future. Ideally, we like people to create
directories rather than have to edit some huge top-level .htaccess file.

> PS: Danbri sometimes says that it's an advantage to keep namespace
> URLs as short as possible ( e.g. ogp.me <http://ogp.me> )

I'd modify that suggestion by saying that you should make
vocabulary URLs easy to remember and type out.

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/