Re: Credit-card payments on the Web - Stuck in its 1998 form

On 10/6/13 4:02 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> Exactly.
>
> And browser's were not designed for performing secure transactions either.
>
> That is, there is no foundation for payment standards in this space
> unless you have some 10 years or so to spend.

Browsers are poor tools for any kind of secure interaction with
protected data. Even when they implement PKI, they ultimately get the
UX/UI wrong. That said, and this is really important to understand, they
are but one type of HTTP user agent. As the mobile space demonstrates, a
Web Browser doesn't have totally own how end-users interact with HTTP
accessible resources.

Thus, we don't need to wait 10 years to fix this problem. The standards
being discussed and shaped on this list will go a long way towards
fixing this problem i.e., decoupling the solution from a specific type
of HTTP user agent :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen