Re: On freedom of choice in pricing method, and in currency

Hi,

 > Thoughts about this anyone?

+1
Very interesting bg reading and standard amendment. Thank you.

It seems that this could be a fundamental improvement, but probably
fought hard by various entrenched groups.

The big one that occurs to me is the governments themselves. Wouldn't
they feel that their ability to control the marginal changes in the
money supply in their own country is threatened, and attempt to block
the standard on this account?

If so, then that might cause the whole standard to be blocked. Perhaps
not a good trade-off.

On the other hand, even without this inclusion, a new
equal-playing-field web money system is going to be revolutionary.
Maybe the fight to get standardized is going to be the same with or
without this inclusion. And maybe this inclusion will bring more
people *into* the standard than it attracts new enemies. Hard to
predict at this point. Maybe best to include it, and negotiate with it
in place, but be ready to pull it if there's too big a backlash?

Steven Rowat