Re: Anonymous digital cash, on top of bitcoin

nisse@lysator.liu.se (Niels Möller) writes:

> *  Are there any other *anonymous* payment systems in the works which I
>    should know about? I haven't been active in the area for some years.

I've done a bit more of research. There's also opencoin,
http://opencoin.org/, which appears to be a digicash-lookalike with free
software, pretty close to what I had in mind.

And zerocoin, http://zerocoin.org/, which does anonymous cash withoin
the bitcoin block chain, without any central bank. Which seems pretty
cool. Based on the paper
http://zerocoin.org/media/pdf/ZerocoinOakland.pdf, which I haven't read
yet.

Regards,