Re: FYI: Fwd: Info: Amazon launches single sign-on service, allows for easy in-app purchases

On 05/29/2013 01:49 PM, Kumar McMillan wrote:
> Can anyone find info about how to do a payment with their SDK? :)
> Maybe they haven't turned on payments yet. It seems like you can get
> a token for customer information with server side code but I don't
> see a way to sell merchandise and verify that a payment went
> through.
>
> It is interesting to see Amazon make a go at it. They were a pioneer
> in frictionless payments on desktop from a user's perspective.

I think that one thing that we can almost guarantee with Amazon, as with
the vast majority of their other services, is that this will stay
proprietary. It's also built on top of OAuth2 (blech).

> Can anyone find info about how to do a payment with their SDK?

I signed up for Login with Amazon using our Amazon credentials to see if
there was anything else that showed up. Nothing, they just point to
their public documentation. Looked in the forums, nothing. The only
thing I saw in their documentation was how to obtain a name, e-mail,
postal code, and Amazon User ID. I didn't see any details on how you
would initiate a payment. So, I started a new thread:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=172939

Hopefully, they'll respond soon.

As an aside, I can't imagine that the Persona guys are too happy with
this announcement. This is the sort of thing I've been trying to get
them to pay attention to. It's a use case that will become more and more
important for Web-based payments (getting payment
provider/shipping/payment meta-data from the login provider).

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/