Re: Introducing myself, Adam B. Levine and Project Watershed

On 21 July 2013 22:11, Adam Levine <adamlevinemobile@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> The web's a big place and I was very pleased to come across this group and
> the Payswarm standard.    I am the editor-in-chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!<http://letstalkbitcoin.com/episodes>
> a twice weekly show about cryptocurrencies featuring interviews and
> analysis.
>
> But my passion is in finding better ways to monetize original content on
> the web.  I spoke about this topic (30 minutes) at Bitcoin2013 in my talk
> entitled Youtube is Broken! Rethinking Content Monetization with Bitcoin.
>
> With lessons learned and connections made from that experience, I think
> I've solved many of the problems and am ready to take it to the next level
> and build a dedicated community platform built to incentivize and leverage
> cryptocurrencies as both an engine of growth and improve display
> advertising on the web.  This is built on a concept called
> One-Address-Per-Use-Per-User that allows the accurate attribution of
> payments, tips, and donations to users whether they have an account or not
> creating a pseudonymous micropayment solution that doesn't require user
> accounts among other things.
>
> You can read the paper in progress here
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/18blKvUX5t-lBNCsbgnsJQsFCZi-76-I-cWcwO1_atUg/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I am actively soliciting feedback and also looking for collaborators, both
> on the thinking and doing side.  I'll be presenting this at Inside Bitcoins
> Conference in New York on July 30th, and starting the crowdfunding campaign
> to build the initial platform implementation towards the end of august.

So at a high level, we want to align incentives with value creation.  Am I
getting the gist?

I've been through the document and it's a *fantastic* read.  However, not
being as experienced in the content creation paradigm as I could, it was a
bit of a wall of text.  But in a good way.  So much valuable and curated
information there, I suspect I will be re-reading it a few times.

Am I right to say that you have a few targeted workflows that you think
would align well to decentral and/or web payments?

Maybe we could break it down into separate discussion points and see how
we'd go about architechting a specific flow.

One thing that particularly interested me was the social storage.  A few of
us have been working for a few years on this concept from Tim Berners-Lee,
called "socially aware cloud storage"

http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/CloudStorage.html

The idea is to have a social network that could be independent of the
storage and even sit in your browser.

It's something that I'm actively working on.  I often found it odd that
content providers get little or no share of the revenue that's created
around their posts.  I am wondering if you think a decentralized ad network
would have value?   Perhaps a new crypto currency *soley* for advertising.

Just some initial thoughts, looking forward to going through the document
again ...