Re: Agenda: Web Payments Telecon - Wednesday, July 3rd 2013

Sorry for the short notice. I have a prior commitment tomorrow so I won't be able to attend the call. Also, Travis Choma is out of the office tomorrow and cannot attend.

I have some things I'd like to discuss about registering providers but I am happy to catch up with notes from the call and discuss asynchronously. Some discussion is happening here -- https://github.com/web-payments/browser-payments/commit/a0885d71abbc90efad5743752f67b014f7143b26 -- and mainly I am still a bit fuzzy on how to safely let users register new providers. For the first pass I think the merchant will need to fully support a new provider before a user can register it. That makes the safety problem a little bit easier to solve but the a rogue merchant could still collude with a payment provider to take money without delivering products. The registration feature needs to prevent (or mitigate) non-savvy users from being tricked into registering a rogue payment provider.

-Kumar