Re: web-payments.org is up

On 12/20/2013 08:55 PM, Matt Morgan wrote:
> It looks great. I think that probably the lighter of the gray type
> (e.g., in the main navigation and in some of the text lower down) on
>  the medium gray background does not meet contrast guidelines for
> accessibility. I'd darken it some, or just use the "Who/What/Why"
> color in its place.

The following modifications have been made to meet WCAG 2.0 guidelines:

1. The font weight has been doubled for text smaller than 16px.
2. The foreground font color has been darkened.
3. Underlines have been added when hovering over link text.

WCAG AA requires a 3:1 contrast ratio, the contrast ratio is now 5.3:1
for the header navigation text. WCAG AAA requires a contrast ratio of
4.5:1 for large text, which is 14pt, the text on the header is 13pt.
The rest of the text on the page has a contrast ratio of 7.5:1, meeting
WCAG AAA guidelines.

With the placement of the navigation menu at the top, and the reverse
coloring on hover, we should now meet WCAG AAA guidelines for the navbar
and text on the page. We should meet WCAG AA guidelines for the links
(when they're hovered). The links normally have a contrast ratio of
2.5:1, but show underlines and have a contrast ratio of 5.4:1 when
hovered. The links will be an issue for 0.00001% of the population when
they are not hovered, but will be distinguishable when unhovered and
readable if hovered by that 0.00001% of the population.

We could do more w/ accessibility by placing ARIA hints into the pages
if there are any ARIA experts on this list.

blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/