Re: web-payments.org vs. payswarm.com

+1 to the rebranding, questions about the rest of the paragraph though

"We are standardizing a
variety of technologies to ease sending and receiving money via the
Web". Some of those technologies include JSON-LD, PaySwarm, Ripple,
Bitcoin, and ISO20022. Other technologies will be added as necessary.

The main reason why I think rebranding is needed is because PaySwarm is
created and managed by Digital Bazaar Ltd, and not the sole product to be
discussed, but just one of the candidates to be there, along with
bitcoin's, RTXP and many others... Most of which by the way should be
opened to W3C by their owning groups in terms compatible with W3C Patent
Policy before they can even be considered to move along further in the
process, a discussion that is also worth having in the group

I hope that during the new year and along with this rebranding, this group
starts narrowing their goals to something that is accomplishable and that
part of the work can at some point be moved into the Recommendations Track
and so on. I guess it goes without saying that unless we produce specific
recommendations regarding protocols and solutions that can then be
implemented by a number of companies out there, all of the rest of the
discussions here are mostly chats over coffee :)

Saludos!

---
ricardo

--
Ricardo Varela -  http://twitter.com/phobeo
"Though this be madness, yet there's method in 't"