Re: Input needed: US Federal Reserve Payments Position Paper

On 12/07/2013 09:58 PM, David Nicol wrote:
> 1: it might be possible to shorten the paper by removing some
> techinical details. The group position paper does not need to
> demonstrate that the group knows its stuff.

Good point, I've identified around 4-5 paragraphs that we could cut by
doing so. Will do so once I get back around to doing edits.

> 2: mention RBC/mintchip as a possible design partner: Bitcoins are
> scary, Canadian dollars less so.

That's true, although Bitcoin is the elephant in the room and the thing
that most people know about wrt. other mechanisms like Ripple, Ven, Open
Transactions, etc.

> 3: possibly talk up "healthy coopetition" unless that neologism isn't
> fun any more

Google Trends show it as a stable term, I'll see if I can work it in
there. You're right in that the concept is important considering the
very wide range of players we're getting interest from wrt. the Web
Payments workshop.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=coopetition

--  manu

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/