Re: Ripple a scam?

From: Mike Hearn <mike@plan99.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 13:21:33 +0200
To: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Cc: Brent Shambaugh <brent.shambaugh@gmail.com>, Nathan Rixham <nathan@webr3.org>, Jeffrey Cliff <jeffrey.cliff@gmail.com>, Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
I lack context, but I just wanted to point out that I gave my talk in
September 2012 and the ripple.com/OpenCoin reboot didn't appear on the
scene until after that. That's why when I talked about Ripple, I talked
about it being decentralised - I was referring only to the original concept
by Ryan Fugger and not the bitcoin/ripple hybrid that launched afterwards.