Re: Webkeys, OpenID, WebID, OAuth etc..

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:42:47 -0400
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
CC: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>, Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>
On 4/21/13 10:30 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>> >Keys*can*  have URLs as per the cert ontology.  They can be blank
>> >nodes too, which I think is currently more common.  I use a URL.
> It's Linked Data, you*can*  do anything. The question here is MUST. In
> Web Keys, keys MUST have a URL. That requirement makes it so that you
> can depend on that URL when verifying digital signatures.

Do you have an example of a 5-star Linked Data URI that denotes a public
key?

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/P0HVdI -- post about the virtues of having a URI that
denotes a public key
2.
http://id.myopenlink.net/describe/?url=http://id.myopenlink.net/certgen/key/497
-- note the resulting graph honors the Linked Data follow-your-nose pattern
3.
http://idi.fundacionctic.org/vapour?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fid.myopenlink.net%2Fcertgen%2Fkey%2F497&defaultResponse=dontmind&userAgent=vapour.sourceforge.net
-- vapour report (note: this is rdf/xml specific, we are about to
release a variant that covers all RDF based Linked Data serialization
formats which includes JSON-LD).

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen