Re: Webkeys, OpenID, WebID, OAuth etc..

On 04/21/2013 09:18 AM, Henry Story wrote:

> ... your initial implementation was not a
> WebID over TLS implementation at all.

This is false and perhaps even inflammatory at this point. We've had
this discussion many times; each time you were disinterested in
understanding the implementation we did. However, your disinterest had
nothing to do with the technical merits of the implementation or its
adherence to how WebID over TLS was described at the time.

Our implementation was of a TLS client that used a TLS client-side
certificate with an alternate name that was a URL that the
authentication server accessed to obtain the same public key in the
client-side certificate given during the TLS handshake.

-Dave

--
Dave Longley
CTO