Re: W3C workshop on payments and the Web?

great initiative!

i noted that http://www.w3.org/wiki/Payments_Task_Force advises
there have been no posts so far) instead of public-webpayments@w3.org
(the list we're talking on now). is this on purpose, and if so, is it
useful?

the Opentabs project doesn't currently need anything that's not
provided already by this community group. we have a forum for
discussion standards here (mainly the webcredits standard), and i
personally don't have enough funding anyway to go any conference,
except maybe if it's near Berlin.

Having said, that, it would be nice if paypal, square, and the other
ones you named on the wiki, joined this community group. Maybe a
w3c-organized conference about "money on the web" can help to make
that happen.

the suggestion of using web intents for in-app payments is definitely
interesting, we could have a discussion thread about that on this
mailing list (or on the new one if you think that is better).

My 2ct,
Michiel de Jong
(co-founder of Opentabs)