Re: Crowdfunding: Assurance variations

From: David Nicol <davidnicol@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:56:24 -0500
To: Andrew Durham <info@andrewdurham.com>
Cc: Fabio Barone <holon.earth@gmail.com>, public-webpayments@w3.org
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Andrew Durham <info@andrewdurham.com>wrote:

> A complicated game isn't a bad one.

In the larger game of competing for available donations, I'm pretty sure
(but have no numbers, research, or actual experience with operating
corwdfunding platforms -- on the other hand, I did do my share of
door-to-door canvassing for donations twenty-odd years ago, and thereby
know that sincere gets better results than clever -- with which to augment
my certainty) that making the game as simple as possible is preferred,
because any additional complication will turn impulse donations away: many
donors will switch from "I'm doing what I can to help this cause" to "what
is my economic self-interest here?" and close the browser tab.