Re: The difference between PaySwarm and OpenTransact

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Pelle Braendgaard
<pelle@stakeventures.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>
> wrote:
>> PaySwarm only "encompasses one way of doing things" for what it is that it
>> standardizes. PaySwarm enables interoperability between payment providers
>> and facilitates online payment and commerce. It only standardizes what needs
>> to be delegated in order for this to happen and gets out of your way for
>> everything else. That is not a limitation, rather just the opposite. What
>> PaySwarm does limit is only what it standardizes, which solves the
>> challenges that anyone who wants to engage in open online commerce would
>> otherwise need to solve themselves. I think it does so rather minimally,
>> without being so basic that it ignores what I think are very important and
>> long standing use cases for online commerce.
>

> I beg to differ. It's SOAP vs Rest

Could you please explain what you mean with that comparison?  I think
you used that before and I didn't quite understand what you were
getting at.  Both standards seem to be using RESTish ideas.  Thanks.

-dave