Re: Web Credits Writeup

On 02/08/2012 02:54 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> The prototype of the first app should be available here:
>
> http://opentabs.data.fm/
>
> Please be aware that it's still alpha-ish code

Melvin - neat demo. :)

I tried out all of the functionality on the page. Seems to work for me
for the most part. I've created an IOU - now what can I do with it? Is
there any way to sync IOUs between participants?

Looking at the javascript, it seems as if I should be able to retrieve
your IOUs to me?

var walletURIs = this.getWalletURIs(this.user);

Could I register a payment IRI for me with your OpenTabs server? So,
whenever you enter an IOU for me, it could go to my OpenTabs server and
give you my public payment details? I'm trying to figure out how
discovery works.

It might be good if you had some way of demonstrating the distributed
nature of the solution. That is, show the person how entering an IOU for
someone on the page results in the IOU appearing on some other page on
the Web... or, have some application that makes the Test Dummy create an
IOU for the person using the demo.

Looks good so far... :)

blog: PaySwarm vs. OpenTransact Shootout
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/web-payments-comparison/