Re: European Bitcoin Conference

I briefly look over that, and it looks amazing. A generalised payment API sounds like a perfect idea.
I fully support this.

________________________________
From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
To: "public-webpayments@w3.org" <public-webpayments@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: European Bitcoin Conference

On 10/31/2011 11:08 AM, Amir Taaki wrote:
> Just letting you PaySwarm guys know about this:
>
> http://conference.bitgroups.org/
>
> Has got a really nice speaker line-up :)

Thanks for the link, Amir. It does look like a good line-up. :)

By the way, did you see the Payment Links spec we published a few weeks ago? It is closely related to what you wanted for the BitCoin URI scheme (and has a bitcoin example in there):

http://payswarm.com/specs/source/payment-links/

In fact, Bitcoin could just build off of the Payment Links spec. Let us know what you think about it... I think it's very much in-line with what you wanted.

-- manu

-- Manu Sporny (skype: msporny, twitter: manusporny)
Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Standardizing Payment Links - Why Online Tipping has Failed
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/payment-links/